Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to travel Portlaoise to redcow

Options
  • 24-02-2017 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

I have been offered a job near the red cow. I live in Portlaoise. I would need to be there by 8.30 am How long is it taking at that hour of the morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

From 45 mins to 2 hrs. Possibly more some days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Don't Dublin Coach serve the Red Cow from Portlaoise with an hourly service or more?

road_high wrote: »
    Don't Dublin Coach serve the Red Cow from Portlaoise with an hourly service or more?

Yes they stop in every town and village on the way up thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yes they stop in every town and village on the way up thou.

I think there's a direct one too? Martleys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

road_high wrote: »
    I think there's a direct one too? Martleys?

Thanks for replies. Going to be driving. Think it's going to be early starts as hate being stuck in traffic

• Advertisement

sea12 wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. Going to be driving. Think it's going to be early starts as hate being stuck in traffic

Depending on finish time to Ull be stuck in traffic to at least the m9 turn off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

sea12 wrote: »

You'll have to be past Naas at 630am to definitely avoid the traffic. The roadworks will make your life hell once they start later this year, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Problem you have is the traffic is so unpredictable but I would budget at least 90 minutes. You should have a clear run to the m9 merge and often lately the queues don't start until you are off the Naas bypass and heading for Kill. From there on it all depends on what people are slowing down to gawp at and whether or not there is a crash anywhere. Normally it takes me 35 minutes from the m9 merge to Newlands cross.

Advertisement