Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Book!

Options
  • 24-02-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am new to this.

I was hoping to price up my own house.
    I have a small bit of knowledge in domestic construction. I am looking to get a book/resource on new builds in Ireland with the most up to date regulations allowed for, because at the moment I am at a chicken and egg situation.

I want to price a self build but whats expected/what can I afford.

I am getting rates of €100psf to €160psf each can be different specs foundations etc.
    I will be making assumptions but this is where i hope the book can help me - educated assumptions.

Additional anyone i am missing out on for none construction costs -
    1. Percolation Test
    2. Architect
    3. Solicitor
    4. Engineer
    5. Coco Fee
    6. BER

Any help would me greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,074 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

DELANEY87 wrote: »

??????

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DELANEY87 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am new to this.

I was hoping to price up my own house.
    I have a small bit of knowledge in domestic construction. I am looking to get a book/resource on new builds in Ireland with the most up to date regulations allowed for, because at the moment I am at a chicken and egg situation.

I want to price a self build but whats expected/what can I afford.

I am getting rates of €100psf to €160psf each can be different specs foundations etc.
    I will be making assumptions but this is where i hope the book can help me - educated assumptions.

1. Percolation Test
    2. Architect
    3. Solicitor
    4. Engineer
    5. Coco Fee
    6. BER

Any help would me greatly appreciated.

Google "Technical Guidance Documents Parts A-M.
    Those are the minimum regulations.

Bear in mind, you cannot do slot if the work with regards to electrical, structural and gas.

Have you got planning yet?

Advertisement