Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper spots in carlow

Options
  • 24-02-2017 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi all, we are collecting our camper this weekend and were planning on spending the night in carlow. Anyone know of any suitable places to park it? Preferably near the river. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

How about

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.4876614,-6.9290241,3a,75y,132.41h,65.08t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suEvj9jqgdfnyng0W7eUFmQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

near St Mullins

Have only been there in a car but as you can see, there's plenty of room.

I'm not aware of any restrictions but it's been a few years since I was there.

Only saw message, probably too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Heading down to the Pan-Celtic in very discreet little van. Does anyone know of a spot right near town that we could park up, either a paid site or stealth? (We are experts at silent, no-footprint camping. Even streetside.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Update: very little in Carlow. Reliably informed by a resident that the whole place is "pretty tightly locked down".
    We did see one carpark on a main street that advertised 10 euros for a week's parking, I think we could have slipped the van on there for one or two nights: but not very suitable really.
    As it was, we were able to park in a friend's parking space at her apartment block, no hassle.

But Carlow turned out to be a pleasant little town, yet tourists rarely stop there. The River Barrow flows right through - but all the French and German and British motorhomes just roll right on past Carlow. I think the town is really shooting itself in the foot by not having at least an Aire, or a simple secure stopover with a coded gate such as you may find in Northern Ireland. It doesn't have to be a huge holiday camp - a parking space for six vans, a tap and a loo/shower are really the basic needs. Down by the river where there are services for boats would be an obvious choice.
    Apart from that, we loved the Pan-Celtic: recommended!

Advertisement