Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Smart TV Box 2GB 16GB Android 6.0 Amlogic S912 £29.99 free delivery

Options
  • 24-02-2017 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭

This is a good price.
    It is worth noting that they are all rapidly dropping in price. The S905 and S905x are appearing for around the €25 mark with free postage.
    The S812 models have appeared with 2gb and 16gb for less than €20 and €2 shipping on Amazon Germany.

The exchange rate brings it to roughly €36 including delivery.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M3PKE5E/
    If you are looking for a good box and at a good price, this is it.
    It does all the things you need it to do, and it does them well.
    CPU: S912 Octa Core cortex-A53 frequency: 2.0G
    GPU: Mali-T820MP3
    RAM: 2GB DDR3
    ROM: 16GB EMMC Flash
    WIFI: 2.4G +5G
    LAN: 1000/100/10M LAN Ethernet
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    3D: Hardware 3D graphics acceleration
    Support Decoder format: VP9-10 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
    Multiple languages and multiple format sub-title video support
    Case: Plastic material (Private model)
    USB Host: 2 High speed USB 2.0, support U DISK and USB HDD
    Video out port: support all standard HD, 4k 2k Ultra HD decoding and output

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Currently unavailable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They were probably a scam at that price. Amazon is rife with them, bargain alerts are constantly being posted lately with outrageously obvious phoney sellers offering items at prices far too good to be true. I didn't see the seller in this case, but at that price I would assume it was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

They were probably a scam at that price. Amazon is rife with them, bargain alerts are constantly being posted lately with outrageously obvious phoney sellers offering items at prices far too good to be true. I didn't see the seller in this case, but at that price I would assume it was the same.
    dead right TF. The prices are definitely dropping across the board but the specs listed in the OP is still a >€50 buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I would normally agree, but this seller was/is legit. Out of stock now, as opposed to having been removed from or by Amazon.
    next day delivery with Amazon Prime so I will probably get it Monday or Tuesday.
    This box in particular has dropped quite a few times down to the thirty-something mark.
    Banggood had it down to €32, This seller had it down to €34 link
    and Tomtop had it down at €30 + €4 delivery.
    This S812 with 2gb + 8gb has been down at €19.99 for over a week now https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01HRKSI86/
    And many other places have the s905 etc.. down to a fairly low price.
    While some sellers on Amazon are scammers, there are many legit selling off stock at low prices and using amazon as a verified seller or Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Crazy prices, the margins on some of the Amazon boxes must be practically nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Crazy prices, the margins on some of the Amazon boxes must be practically nothing.

Which might make one think what's in the software that makes it worthwhile for the vendors?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

long_b wrote:
    Which might make one think what's in the software that makes it worthwhile for the vendors?

Is it possible to do a complete wipe and reflash all software yourself handy enough, as you say spyware/malware has been rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

If something is free, you are the product - Google (1998)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The lips wrote: »
    long_b wrote:

Is it possible to do a complete wipe and reflash all software yourself handy enough, as you say spyware/malware has been rumoured.
    Yes, you can install OpenELEC or LibreELEC, Armbian and Ubuntu on some, and some reports of Windows 10 but i have not followed that route so i am unaware how far it has progressed.
    Mainly on the amlogic models, but there are some of the rockchip models that can also have linux installed on them.

Or just get a Raspberry, Orange or Banana Pi, or Odroid etc.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1098/4826/files/comparisonupdate.png?13077955502273113275

Advertisement