Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

builder is not fixing the Issue

Options
  • 23-02-2017 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

We bought a new house in Adamstown @the paddocks in September 2016 . There is a noise coming from the roof when it's windy and we can't sleep at all. We are using top bedroom and we complained about noise and the builder said he will work on this to fix the noise but did nothing even after 1. 6 months.Today weather was noisy and again I rang the builder and he said after hearing the noise he can't do anything. He checked the everything but he can't fix the noise. Whom to a complaint regarding this not sure what to do ? would you please advise me in this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Consider hiring a roofer to do a report. It would likely cost a few hundred euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭imp1

Working with the builder, rather than being antagonistic (not that I am suggesting you are) is the best way forward. Guessing the noise is due to the type of air vents in the attic space, or is it tiles / slates rattling. If it is air vents, then I would have thought there was something that could be done with their placement or design, or if it came to it fitting an internal baffle. If it is due to slates or tiles rattling in the breeze then I would have thought their would be something needing to be done to fix that.

Advertisement