Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell XPS 13 or Xiaomi Air 13?

Options
  • 22-02-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Both are $899, 8gb, core i5, 256gb ssd, HD screen. Both weigh the same.

Dell comes will activated Windows 10, Mi Air is not activated.

The Mi air looks better, but only has a 130 degree opening angle, I'd prefer 180 degrees.

Anyone got any thoughts as I'm leaning towards the Mi air based on reviews and looks.

Thanks

Comments

Dell xps 13 has a reputation as being a great laptop and the infinity screen mean that it's very efficient size-wise.
    Xiaomi does have the 940mx card which means more graphics horsepower.
    both good laptops.
    where are you considering buying - outside Ireland?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would lean towards the Dell purely for it's long standing reputation of being a good performing and reliable machine.

Keep in mind if you are purchasing the Xiaomi Air from a Chinese shop you will be liable for tax upon arrival in Ireland. You can tack on 25% extra with VAT and import duties applied.

also the mi air in most cases comes with chinese windows 10 - not sure if it's just a case of changing the language to bring it back to English.

Advertisement