Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average time spent in canada

Options
  • 22-02-2017 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi here!
    I loved to Toronto 4 months ago and I really like it here but still plan to move back to Ireland in December/January. I was just curious about how long people live generally live in Canada? I've been surprised how many people seem to have been here for years and have their PR.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Hi there, I've been here 13 months with my boyfriend, we plan to head home when our 2 year visa expires (at the most we will stay an extra 3 months or so). I know people that lasted less than a year, (difficulty finding jobs etc), and those that have applied for PR and are happy to stay. I suppose it depends on where you are in life, but I'll be heading home.

yeah I have seen both ends of the spectrum. Been here almost 2 years now, just waiting for PR to come through.

Not ruling out moving back to Ireland at some stage but who knows about the future. For now, I have absolutely no intention of going back to Ireland. Everything going too well in all aspects of life, just want to enjoy it and keep it going!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Over four years and have PR.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I guess the job you have here plays a big part. If I was earning more I'm guessing I'd stay on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

We plan on staying long term.  We are here eight months and the next stage is PR

• Advertisement
Advertisement