Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial support - Education

Options
  • 22-02-2017 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I am looking for some guidance and appreciate and help you can give me

I am (hoping) to start a master degree in September.
    I am currently (and have been for the past 6 years) working full time, but I will have to quit my job because the master is also full time.

Although I was able to save some money over the past years, I won’t be able to support myself (and pay the College fees) for a whole year, so I would like to know if there is a chance I can get any financial support from the government.

I am single, 31 years old, no kids and not supported by parents. Not Irish, but have an EU passport and have been living in Dublin for the past 7 years.

I’ve looked at SUSI, but based on their eligibility form, I don’t seem to be eligible because of my gross income of 2015 (50k)…is that simple as that? Just because I had a job (paying a lot of taxes I must add) I can’t get support from the government?
    I’ve also looked at BTE (Back to Education Allowance) but it only seems to over masters in Education (mine is in computer science).

I was also wondering if I can go on the dole while studying, is that possible?
    Or any other options I am not considering?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement