Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error on ESTA application

Options
  • 22-02-2017 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I had my ESTA application approved but have no noticed I've made one mistake.
    I have the city I currently live in listed when it should be city of birth.
    Should I reapply or will it be ok?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

tuxy wrote: »
    Hi, I had my ESTA application approved but have no noticed I've made one mistake.
    I have the city I currently live in listed when it should be city of birth.
    Should I reapply or will it be ok?

Thanks!

As far as I remember you can just go online and edit it without having to reapply, I would change it as it is a piece of information that will be on your passport and to save yourself hassle its best this information matches. Information on login and amending the ESTA should be in the same email that you got saying it was approved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

As far as I remember you can just go online and edit it without having to reapply, I would change it as it is a piece of information that will be on your passport and to save yourself hassle its best this information matches. Information on login and amending the ESTA should be in the same email that you got saying it was approved.

Email address and the address I will stay at are the only fields that can be updated once the application has been approved.

Actually I think this answers my question

I will resubmit.

If anyone needs this info in the future, when you reapply you enter all the details again and it asks if you want to overwrite the previous application with the same passport number. You have to pay again and it got approved for me within 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Resurrecting this thread

I just submitted an ESTA application and it was only when I was putting my husbands through that I noticed made a mistake with mine

I ticked a box stating that I was going through the USA in transit to another country

Every other detail was fine.

should I put it through again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement