Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Apple iPhone 4S 8GB White @ €130? :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think tesco and I have different expectactions when we hear the word "clearance".

• Registered Users Posts: 65,073 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Apple iPhone 4S 8GB White @ €130? :eek:

LOL :D

Plenty of people on adverts are asking that for second hand iPhone 4S - the fools. Particularly the ones buying them at that price :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

unkel wrote: »
    LOL :D

Plenty of people on adverts are asking that for second hand iPhone 4S - the fools. Particularly the ones buying them at that price :p

is €130 for a phone released nearly 6 years ago really considered a good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

I miss the O2 clearance. There used to be some seriously good deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

S6 Edge is 900 euro. HAHAHAHAH

Thor wrote: »
    S6 Edge is 900 euro. HAHAHAHAH

I confidently went onto the carphone warehouse's site, to proudly proclaim the price difference.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/shop/phones-plans/all-phones/galaxy-s6-edge-64gb

Same price! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fifi2016

Are these phones tied to the tesco mobile network?

I would imagine so, but can't guarantee. I've had a few handsets from them, and they were all locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Are these phones tied to the tesco mobile network?

Most likely.

But...

As an example, the Moto E2 (49.99 in the sale) can be unlocked with a code from eBay for two euro.

Furthermore the Moto E2 locks to the first SIMs network you use so you might save the two euro that way. Be aware that you need to take out the SIM that's in the phone BEFORE first switch on and then put in your preferred SIM. This method only works on Moto phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

"If you bought your phone from Tesco Mobile then you can get your unlock code from us, once the following criteria have been met.
    Prepay Customers – The account must be topped up by a minimum €150 or be with Tesco Mobile for 9 months or more.
    Capped Plan / SIM Only Customers – The account must have paid bills in excess of €150 or be with Tesco Mobile for 9 months or more.
    Bill Pay Plans – The phone can be unlocked at any time after the first 14 days of your contract."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lollylil

Anyone else find Tesco mobile bit of a rip off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Lollylil wrote: »
    Anyone else find Tesco mobile bit of a rip off?

Sim only is fantastic value!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Moanin wrote: »
    Sim only is fantastic value!

Plans are ok value but their lack of 4G is a big put off for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

That's Tesco Mobile Ireland in a nut. Expensive pay as you go handsets to entice you to bring your own sim for sim only plans.

The Moto E2 and the Lumia 535 can be modded with CyanogenMod 13 and Windows 10 Mobile so there is that ( if your into that).

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Tesco Mobile is 3g only so its garbage.

you get unlimited (60gb) 4g internet on three for 20 euro a month.

I have gone over my data limit twice on Tesco and it cost me 20 Euros a gig. No warnings no nothing just 20 euro a gig.

Meteor price for a gig is 1.25 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Going slightly off topic here but what the hell.

I moved to iD Mobile from Three 8 months ago. €29 a month for Unlimited texts, calls to all networks including landlines and 20 GB of data. I actually have better coverage with iD and they use the Three network. I get 4G+ in almost every area of Cork and the worst I usually get is 4G.

I also received the first 6 months for €14.50. I think they still do something like this but the first since months are €20. 30 Day contract with this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭corks finest

Find tesco good, with them SIM only,no complaints,e15 @month,fab

AS1890 wrote: »
    Going slightly off topic here but what the hell.

I moved to iD Mobile from Three 8 months ago. €29 a month for Unlimited texts, calls to all networks including landlines and 20 GB of data. I actually have better coverage with iD and they use the Three network. I get 4G+ in almost every area of Cork and the worst I usually get is 4G.

I also received the first 6 months for €14.50. I think they still do something like this but the first since months are €20. 30 Day contract with this plan.
    I'd must have improved 100 percent,I'm in Carrigaline,also bishops town daily,found them crap, really, really poor

Flashdan wrote: »
    Tesco Mobile is 3g only so its garbage.

you get unlimited (60gb) 4g internet on three for 20 euro a month.

I have gone over my data limit twice on Tesco and it cost me 20 Euros a gig. No warnings no nothing just 20 euro a gig.

Meteor price for a gig is 1.25 Euro.

That sounds good,any hassle ref porting SIM,and what about their customer care,was really bad,was with them V briefly years ago, customer care was based in India,(call centre) hadn't a clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

I'd must have improved 100 percent,I'm in Carrigaline,also bishops town daily,found them crap, really, really poor

I honestly was not expecting anything great when I moved over especially when they are using the Three infrastructure. I had huge issues with Three where I would always be roaming. I would need to search networks then choose Three and I would get 4G. If I moved 100 feet in any direction I would be roaming again. This issue persisted on the Nexus 4, 5 & 6 and my OnePlus 2 and an iPhone 4S.

No such issues with iD and coverage has been superb.

Advertisement