Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Forex/Commodities Trader

Options
  • 21-02-2017 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

I'm a private forex /commodities trader and I operate from home. I want to advertise my services to aspiring customers. Do I need a licence to make trades on behalf of members of the public?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

I'd imagine you need a QFA at least and a hell of a lot of legal paperwork to cover yourself incase investments go sour.

Not 100% sure which you want to do

Do you want to execute transactions on behalf of people
    or
    Do you want to advise others on what to do
    or
    Do you want to advise on, and execute transactions on behalf of others?

If you are executing, then as far as I can see you are becoming a broker and I guess would need to be registered with the central bank as such.

Best guess is talk informally with Central Bank and tell them what you are looking to do and take it from there.

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭JoeyPeeps

daheff wrote: »
    I'd imagine you need a QFA at least and a hell of a lot of legal paperwork to cover yourself incase investments go sour.

Not 100% sure which you want to do

Do you want to execute transactions on behalf of people
    or
    Do you want to advise others on what to do
    or
    Do you want to advise on, and execute transactions on behalf of others?

If you are executing, then as far as I can see you are becoming a broker and I guess would need to be registered with the central bank as such.

Best guess is talk informally with Central Bank and tell them what you are looking to do and take it from there.

Good luck with it.
    hi
    thanks for getting back to me. i will be executing trades on behalf of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Aliasjones

How good are you? What is you account growth or ROI % for the last 3 years? % risk per trade? max drawdown? Is it swing trading or day trading you are involved in.
    If your going to manage portfolios i could not see a huge market in Ireland. I would think starting online though a signal service provider or maybe mt4's feature to copy trade might be best and less paperwork. This way people would automatically take the same trades as you and you take a % of profits or you sell them signals at a price and they place trades themselves. Although the latter is more common with binary options.
    That said if you think you need two incomes then you might not be doing as well as you need to be doing in trading for this to work.... if that makes sense. But if your doing this to make yourself stick to your system and be more disciplined as there is others counting on you then you might make it work
    Either way best of luck with you'r trading

Advertisement