Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public vs Private consultant psychiatry?

Options
  • 21-02-2017 4:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47

Can anyone comment in this capacity?

I have been with the public system for almost two years now and have had tremendous difficulty with their consultants in terms of getting an accurate diagnosis, and thus, suitable medication.

Is it possible the private system could be better - the likes of St Pats or - I understand they run outpatient clinics called "the dean clinics"?

I have also participated in program called the Eolas program with the HSE and - well - I'm not the only one who's had this experience with the public psychiatry system.

Would there be a recommendation in any capacity in terms of this?
    Or is private just a more expensive option with little added benefit?
    Hospital admission would not be applicable for myself - so that's not a consideration in terms of wanting to attend a private vs a public hospital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irishuser123

How did you get on with your experience?

I am looking into attending the dean clinics as an outpatient and looking for advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I can't recommend the day hospital at Highfield Healthcare highly enough.

Advertisement