Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Torah Observant Messianic Bible Study/Support?

Options
  • 20-02-2017 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All .Just Wondering if there are any Messianic Gentiles in the Munster area that would like to meet on sabbath's for bible study/readings/worship. I'm in Athea co Limerick and recently born again/converted to the teachings of Yeshua and Torah.
    Shalom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

manofYah wrote: »
    Hi All .Just Wondering if there are any Messianic Gentiles in the Munster area that would like to meet on sabbath's for bible study/readings/worship. I'm in Athea co Limerick and recently born again/converted to the teachings of Yeshua and Torah.
    Shalom.

Are you looking to meet with Jews or Christians or Gentiles who converted to Judaism.
    My New Testament says that there is "neither Jew, nor Gentile"...That we are new creation.

Why would you want to go back to the Law ( which we are incapable of obeying in its entirety) having been set free?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 manofYah

I am looking to meet those observe the sabbath, feast days and statutes that still apply to the covenant with the spiritual Israel, so neither jew or gentile.Jesus never did away with the law.He showed us that we still need to be obedient to our Fathers Law.

Matthew 5 : 17 -22 . Yeshua teaches us so.

1 John 2 : 3-6.
    Deut 7:9.
    Matthew 5 :17.
    Deut 11: 26 -28.
    John 14:15.
    And there are loads more.
    The scriptures tell us all we need.church does not.

He says that He was the fulfillment of the Law. The completion of it and He ushered in an era of grace and faith.

Tell me...whats your position of animal sacrifice in regards keeping the Law?

• Advertisement

Does that mean I am free to kill or ignore any of the other of the TEN Commandments.

manofYah wrote: »
    Does that mean I am free to kill or ignore any of the other of the TEN Commandments.

As the Apostle Paul said.."shall I continue in sin that grace may abound?"....The answer was No.

We can't keep the law..Even the Jews couldn't keep it., Hence a better way.

But you didn't answer my question. What's your stance on Christians performing animal sacrifice in accordance with the Law?

Jesus' death ended the sacrifice not the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I have a friend who's embraced Torah observant Christianity. She doesn't fellowship anymore....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jessie1965

My study of Catholic teaching gives me a knowledge.
    The 10 commandments and the beatitudes are indeed possible to follow. All of them..

Anyone observing most people don't?
    That's the mediocrity of normalcy in society.

That's why Catholic faith communities are essential. St Paul tells us to encourage each other, us Catholics who have high standards in our own lives.

It's not the job of the church to change the mediocrity of society.

The church tried to "rule" like this decades ago but Jesus didn't "rule" those who were clearly uninterested.

The church teaches a skills based approach to internalising and following moral behaviour that goes back to 1500's.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions - isn't warned to those who just want to feel good whilst not facing up to the Catholic moral teaching they need to follow.

Nuns have taught feel good beliefs that aren't morally challenging to their students.

That's why only men can be priests.

Women are too "caring". Mammary glands seem to deny reality of sin in a child. Even an adult child. Mammies have destroyed moral teaching in the Feminist Era

Faith is caught, not promoted, by those who want more of what they see as being good and salvational

Faith works by attraction, not PR or promotion.
    Kids know ads are lies. Manipulation, we can all see through it like glass.

The gospel truths are not being taught, if the church just blames a sinful society for sin in it's own midst. Jesus demands ruthlessness against sin in individuals, and the church.

Anyone blaming human nature or society is a lying criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 simonemcconville50

Hi I have recently become torah observing in the Louth area looking to fellowship j think I'm the only one In my area

• Registered Users Posts: 2 simonemcconville50

have recently become torah observing in the Louth area looking to fellowship j think I'm the only one In my area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Best Wishes OP, I hope you find a supportive group. We are all on a journey, often coming from different directions but now headed the same way.

Advertisement