Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you studying over midterm? (leaving cert)

Options
  • 20-02-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey I was just wondering if any of you guys in sixth year that have completed the mocks are planning to study over the February midterm break?
    I've been consistent since the start fifth year and have received good results. I'm doing nine subject so I'm honestly wrecked. I've studied over every break since fifth year but taking this break makes me feel so guilty! Will this break help me in the long term with productivity if I'm exhausted or is this just a scapegoat? I think that if I don't take this week off, I wont feel like I've had a break. What are you guys doing?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And this is why I always seriously discourage anyone doing 9 subjects (or even 8) unless there's a damn good reason! LC is tiring enough if you're serious about it without adding extra subjects.

Meg, there is no point ending up facing in to exams in June exhausted. If you're already feeling that way now, then yes, you need to take a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Take a week off, you won't go up in smoke. It's good to realise you're wearing out now, and take a break, than to ignore the signs and burn out completely.

Advertisement