Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi Grant and Job Seekers.

Options
  • 20-02-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

PLEASE DELETE I POSTED IN WRONG THREAD. SORRY

Basically I am going to be applying for SUSI grant this year as I am going to college in September but I am in a situation where I am about to be going for the Job Seekers Allowance. I called up SUSI to see if being in JSA will effect my grant in any way but didn't really get a definitive answer. I live at home and am not a mature student. And only one of my parents work so we are not above the cut off point. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Firstly, you cant get JSA and be in education.

You need to work out if you would be entitled to apply for BTEA for a weekly payment and apply to SUSI to cover your fees/student contribution.

Or else you can apply for a maintenance grant and fees off SUSI but you ll need to work out which one will leave you better off.

Maybe a mod could move the thread to the Student finance section for you

Advertisement