Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vintage typewriter paper enquiry

Options
  • 20-02-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

H all,

can someone tell me where in Ireland (or eBay) can I get old (70's- 80's) typewriter paper?

It is not the onion skin like. don't know much about the grade that was used in that era.

anyone can help?
    I need 5-7 pages.
    all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Surely it was the same as ordinary A4 copier paper which can be bought in any office shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

I think they would be different size and thickness.
    I I have seen some on internet it was mixed with cotton (but available only in states for sale)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Old thread, but if of any interest, the size of typing paper before A4 was known as Quarto, the larger one was Foolscap. Can't remember the smaller one though. Probably the same weight as today's, 80gsm. There also used to be a finer paper for making carbon copies, it was just called Copy Paper or Copying Paper I think. Doubt its still around but check out legal stationers, they may be able to advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

P.S. the smaller paper, just remembered, was called Octavo.

Advertisement