Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Nexus 6P Warranty

Options
  • 20-02-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I bought a Nexus 6P via a seller on Amazon (i.e. not directly from Google) about 13-14 months ago.

The earphone jack is particularly dodgy, the standard earphone jack woes some phone see (crackling, one channel missing) and is likely down to a loose connection or solder.

Anyway, the Huawei site mentions a 24 month warranty on their devices. I understand this various from country to country, of course.

I should mention that the seller's process sounds extremely arduous and doesn't fill me with a huge amount of optimism. So all things (not!) being equal, I'd rather go straight to the manufacturer if it's an option.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience RMAing with Huawei directly, either for a Nexus 6P or for any other device?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Might be of interest unhappy 6P'ers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqskejT5m-U

Grtz JD ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I went through the RMA process but it was via the Google Play store.
    Send them my details and then a support tech called me about the issue a few hours later.
    Looking again at the process, you first need to find the order you want to return, you would have have that option unfortunately.

Advertisement