Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign clients & bank charges

Options
  • 19-02-2017 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm a sole trader freelancer, looking for advice on receiving payment via electronic bank transfer from UK and US clients and charges incurred. My bank (BOI) has said there's no extra charge from their end, that any costs would happen from clients end. I'm looking into using 'TransferWise' but before I mention to clients, any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

laraido wrote: »
    I'm a sole trader freelancer, looking for advice on receiving payment via electronic bank transfer from UK and US clients and charges incurred. My bank (BOI) has said there's no extra charge from their end, that any costs would happen from clients end. I'm looking into using 'TransferWise' but before I mention to clients, any advice would be welcome.

Know what currency your people are paying you in. It might take be a charge per second but if you get a transfer in in sterling well BOI will exchange it taking their cut from the bid offer spread.

It's not an 'extra charge' but it's a charge of 2-3%.

Advertisement