Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College laptop, recommendations?

Options
  • 18-02-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hello!
    I'm trying to find a new laptop for mainly using for college/business advice would be appreciated, specs that i need are. budget is for up to 600 maximum or there about.

good for taking notes in college.
    able to stream films.
    usage of social media.
    detachable into tablet would be preferred but no essential.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hello!
    I'm trying to find a new laptop for mainly using for college/business advice would be appreciated, specs that i need are. budget is for up to 600 maximum or there about.

good for taking notes in college.
    able to stream films.
    usage of social media.
    detachable into tablet would be preferred but no essential.

Thanks

Apart from the last point, basically any laptop will do. If you're doing a lot of typing then a good keyboard is important but hard to judge that without trying one out physically

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Lenovo thinkpad. Have alook on ebay, you can get ex businness thinkpads for cheap, and they will be like new most of the time. I personally have t430s. Extremely well built, and after two years of daily abuse it is still like new. Its perfect size fir backpacj too. I genuinly think that getting something else is waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭curry_person

Mandzhalas wrote: »
    Lenovo thinkpad. Have alook on ebay, you can get ex businness thinkpads for cheap, and they will be like new most of the time. I personally have t430s. Extremely well built, and after two years of daily abuse it is still like new. Its perfect size fir backpacj too. I genuinly think that getting something else is waste of money

The laptop looks amazing i was having an eye out it, wish they didn't have left and right click button on higher end of touch pad that would drive me insane. havent seen anyone stocking any of the thinkpad models in likes of harveys or pcworld either

• Registered Users Posts: 1 James Brian

[font=Georgia, serif]I am trying to find a laptop for my daughter.  She is attending an online college and her old laptop needs to be replaced.  I have searched all over for a laptop I can afford and I have found a few at  [/font][font=Georgia, serif] technemag [/font]dot[font=Georgia, serif] com.[/font][font=Georgia, serif] All of them have the right software but they differ in memory, processor speed, and disk space.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

What do mean by the right software? What requirements does the course require computer wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

The laptop looks amazing i was having an eye out it, wish they didn't have left and right click button on higher end of touch pad that would drive me insane. havent seen anyone stocking any of the thinkpad models in likes of harveys or pcworld either

Buttons below pad are fully functional too. I never use ones above the touch pad.
    Dont think you can get new thinkpad with your budget. THe normaly retail well over 1000 and sometimes up to 3000.
    Seriously, buy on ebay "used one". You will get warranty and laptop that looks and works like new.

Advertisement