Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-LINK TL-MR3020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

If you already have a USB 3G/4G modem, that basically makes it function as a MiFi, so you can connect Wi-Fi enabled devices through the modem on the move. It needs to be powered, such as from a USB charger or power bank. It does not have a battery.

If you don't already have a USB modem, I would suggest getting a MiFi instead for portability unless you need a network port on the move.

For stationary use such as a home desktop router, I would suggest going for the TL-MR3420 instead to share out a USB modem. For a similar price, this provides faster and better Wi-Fi coverage and 4 network ports. Elara sells that also. For some reason Amazon will not ship it here (easily got around with AddressPal or Parcel Motel), probably because it falsely states it has a battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Kalyke wrote: »
    It's a stonking piece of hardware. It's been super solid in terms of supplying a solid connection even with a 3m USB cable to the dongle.

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Can I ask what USB modem you are using? I am thinking of getting the Huawei 3372 4G but I see there are issues with double NAT using this is that the case?

Thanks

long_b wrote: »
    It's a stonking piece of hardware. It's been super solid in terms of supplying a solid connection even with a 3m USB cable to the dongle.

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Can I ask what USB modem you are using? I am thinking of getting the Huawei 3372 4G but I see there are issues with double NAT using this is that the case?

Thanks

E3272 - PS4 works OK if that answers your NAT question

Advertisement