Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Dyson v6 flexi Thursday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

ImARebel wrote: »
    I have to say I'm very tempted or should I try and get the v8 somewhere?

https://www.aldi.ie/dyson-v6-flexi-cordless/p/075229110589000

I am sorry to tell you I had three or four Dysons which gave up after a couple of years - now I would not buy the brand anymore. just my tuppenceworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It is a very good machine weve had ours for 2 years.

Bear in mind it may not do an entire house in 1 go. Ours was good for 2 bed apartment with wood floors (entire apartment) then needed charge.

So walk into it with eyes wide open,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Just letting you know that these are only useful for a quick vacuum on wooden floors. It won't replace the normal vacuum cleaner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We have the v6 has replaced the Hoover in a house with carpet only on the stairs and in the three bedrooms. Best device we ever bought though the attachment head types are important

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Loads of people here bought them from the Dyson eBay store last year.
    Very happy with mine, all wodden and tile floors here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Statesbound

Got this the last time it was in. Takes a while to charge. Won't work if it's only half charged. Doesn't pick up big items like rice crispies or granola(clean up after 1yr old). It's not bad for the price but not sure if I'd purchase again.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really looking for something for the crumbs left in the kitchen diner from the kids around the couch etc and if I got it to do the stairs, I'd be happy leaving my big hoover upstairs then as its all carpet. All tiles and wood downstairs

I just saw the fluffy on the eBay store. Very very tempted, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Would recommend the Black and Decker Hand Vac 21V as an alternative. Can pick it up on Amazon UK for less than 100 GBP when on offer (which it is regularly). Get just under 20 mins on a charge. Didn't have to be fully charged to work. I purchased it for cleaning up after the kids, does the job very well. Both wooden floors and carpets.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Got the V6 Fluffy just after Christmas and haven't used the main hoover since. We have hard floors downstairs and carpet upstairs. I would get the whole house 5 bedroom out of one charge. I would use the boost button for the carpets though. Also we have had our plug in Dyson for over 10 years and still going strong. Just replaced the hose a few years ago,down to abuse on our part. I find if you look after your filters Dyson are great hoovers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

What is the difference in the Fluffy , Flexi etc . Are they all the V6's much the same regards battery time and power.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Barr wrote: »
    What is the difference in the Fluffy , Flexi etc . Are they all the V6's much the same regards battery time and power.

All the same motor. Just different attachments and heads.

I have the V8, V6 before that.

I live in a 3 storey 4 bedroom house (125 Sq. M).
    I can do the whole house on one cycle. Mix of low power for the hard floors as that's all it needs and high power for the carpets and stairs.

I think the whole appeal of these is the handiness. They are always just there at arms length and charged. You find yourself picking it up more often than not and giving the room a quick going over. Where by the main Hoover had to taken out of the press, plugged in and dragged around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Is the V8 worth the extra money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

My other half loves the dysons.
    To me they just mean €60 on a new battery every year.
    Its like a bloody lease on a handlheld vacuum cleaner. Once you buy you pay forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

We have a v6 very handy for keeping on top of the place. Wouldn't replace a full sized Hoover for us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

I think the V8 is too heavy , from making an instore comparison .

Latest V6 is more than enough for 4 bed carpeted house and big improvement over earlier models as well as much better value.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's a lot quieter.
    In my case I bought the V6 Fliffy brand new from adverts and then the following week a brand new V8 Absolute popped up from the same seller. I was able to sell the V6 for the same price that I paid for the V8 so it was a no brainer to swap.

I would have been happy with the V6 of the V8 didn't pop up and the suction power is only 10% more.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

We've our fluffy a month now & I love it. We've a mixture of wooden, carpet & tile & I can get the whole house out of a charge. I do find it great for whipping out in the mornings or evening for a quick run around the kitchen or the hall. We too have a corded stain for 6 years & that has t been used since we got the cordless. Well worth it in my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

We've our fluffy a month now & I love it. We've a mixture of wooden, carpet & tile & I can get the whole house out of a charge. I do find it great for whipping out in the mornings or evening for a quick run around the kitchen or the hall. We too have a corded stain for 6 years & that has t been used since we got the cordless. Well worth it in my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I have a Dyson big hoover too, now 14 years old and still ticking along! but if I could just leave that upstairs and use this downstairs if be happy with that. mop up the crumbs and do a few stairs that the other one couldn't reach. I've all wood and tiles downstairs so it should do the job. I got as far as creating my parcel wizard account but I haven't pressed buy yet, lol. I really want to but my other half thinks it's a waste of money, lol

Anyone have the head designed for wooden floors. Is it much better than the regular head.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

beauf wrote: »
    Anyone have the head designed for wooden floors. Is it much better than the regular head.

Which one?
    We have the absolute that comes with a non motorized head and it's more powerful, but doesn't pick up big things as easily.

I dunno I'm on my phone it's not that easy to search through the website. Our v6 came with a brush roller but I don't think it's intended for wooden floors.

Ours doesn't pick up thinks like cereal that easily. You have to keep the head clear to get the best out of it.

There's a soft roller for wooden floors but it looks like that would be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

We have the wooden floor attachment on ours and it is what we use all the time. There have been no problems picking up crumbs and bits in the kitchen. I've used it to pick up small wood chips too (installing new doors), those sometimes require a second pass but do pick up.

Ours did come with the same head as the Aldi one but we only have hard wood floors + tiles in the kitchen so that ended up back in the box and put away.

The biggest downside is the size of the "bag". The vacuum tends to require emptying 2-3 times when we do a full clean of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Does anyone know which type of dyson v6 it is? Fluffy, animal etc?

Also would it be any good on carpet? I have hard wood flooring downstairs but it's the stairs that's a nuisance, and that's carpet.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

The Aldi one is the Flexi.

Carpet on a stairs, your best bet is one of the V6's that comes with the mini motorised head. (Flexi doesn't have this)

Hard floors, definitely worth getting one with the soft roller cleaner head. Far as I know only comes withe the fluffy and the total clean.

Easiest way I found to compare them all is on their ebay shop.

Dyson really made picking the right machine overly complicated.

The top of the range appears to be the total clean model, but even that doesn't come with some of the accessories that the flex comes with...

And, the Absolute doesn't come with the soft roller head for hard floors, just a hard yoke with squeegees.

I see this is back in stock in store.

https://www.aldi.ie/dyson-dc59-cordless/p/083162197591200

Thats a kindof crappy deal though, it doesn't even come with a wall mount :confused:

Not sure if anyone is still posting on this thread, its a bit of a bump. What would people think the best version is for me?

1. Hardwood flooring downstairs. Tiled kitchen
    2. Carpet on stairs and landing
    *I have a heavy enough Miele I dont mind if I have to use for that though
    3. A cat, that sheds on the furniture :mad:

I think a V6 Absolute???

thanks,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

oxygen wrote:
    I think a V6 Absolute???

No, have a V6 absolute. I use it on max power to do my car and small jobs around the house. The battery lasts 10 minutes maximum. Get the V8 if you're going to get a cordless with the extra power and battery.

My DC41 animal upright outperforms the V6 by miles.

You can get a refurbished DC41 MK2 animal direct from Dyson on eBay for 249pounds. Basically refurbished to new.

They'll no doubt be serious dyson offers over the coming weeks as per previous years.

tedpan wrote: »
    No, have a V6 absolute. I use it on max power to do my car and small jobs around the house. The battery lasts 10 minutes maximum. Get the V8 if you're going to get a cordless with the extra power and battery.

My DC41 animal upright outperforms the V6 by miles.

You can get a refurbished DC41 MK2 animal direct from Dyson on eBay for 249pounds. Basically refurbished to new.

They'll no doubt be serious dyson offers over the coming weeks as per previous years.

Thanks man, as a cat owner thats a great shout. Actually the V8 animal upright is only €395 from the dyson website.

https://www.dyson.ie/sticks/dyson-v8-animal.html

I realised we've jumped €150 since I bumped this thread started, but your getting allot more for your money.

Also a bit further down the line you can buy a separate soft floor roller head, and its basically a dyson V8 Absoloute
    https://www.espares.ie/product/es1767999/vacuum-cleaner-quick-release-soft-roller-head

I think we have a V6. I would only use it for very light tasks. It in no way would replace a proper hoover (even a cheap one) in my opinion.
    If I was on only going to have one hoover it wouldn't be handheld. Unless I had very light hoovering requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Have a v6 animal and love it, does the whole apartment no problems and the dogs bed on one charge. Easily do the car too

Advertisement