Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Met Eireann publish the rainfall pH again.

Options
  • 18-02-2017 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at the Met Eireann website at the monthly weather report summaries and I don't see the pH readings from the recorded rainfall at Valentia Observatory.

It says that the conductivity is measured every day but I don't see the tables anymore for it.

Anyone around here able to record them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What can the ph tell you about the weather, I.e. why would you need to know?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

OP is looking for "rainfall pH", not weather in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What can the ph tell you about the weather, I.e. why would you need to know?

Again this is from ME it can tell you how much carbon dioxide is in the atmosphere.
    The lower the pH the more carbon dioxide mixing with the rain.

It'll also help to get an idea of how much lime to spread on land every year I.e the lower the pH of rain (more acidic) (and quantity of rain) the more lime needed to counteract the acidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Drop them an email, they usually get back to you within a week. I'm sure you'd get a better response than asking on here.

Advertisement