Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool AWM 3000 - 1000 Washing Machine problem

Options
  • 18-02-2017 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have had the above washing machine for well over 10 years so probably doesn't owe me much at this stage but it has started filling with water after the cycle has finished. I opened the door today and a ton of water came out of it. Is this fixable or do I need to finally buy a new one?! I have turned the water inlet valve to off for now. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Think that model is nearer to 20 years old..:D

Anyway, can you try turning off the water at the valve when its doing this, cycle should stop completely.
    Is it doing this on all cycles..??
    Water inlet valve may be faulty, ie sticking open.
    But the most likely cause is the Control Module.
    These are the old type 'click' modules and as they became older they became worn thus causing the machine to 'run on' continuously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

washman3 wrote: »
    Think that model is nearer to 20 years old..:D

Anyway, can you try turning off the water at the valve when its doing this, cycle should stop completely.
    Is it doing this on all cycles..??
    Water inlet valve may be faulty, ie sticking open.
    But the most likely cause is the Control Module.
    These are the old type 'click' modules and as they became older they became worn thus causing the machine to 'run on' continuously.

Yes, I think it is. We only really use 2 cycles (40 Reg and 60 deg). When the cycle finishes the clothes are still wringing wet, so I then have to the spin them on again. I haven't even shopped about for a new machine but the wife has her mind made up now I think!, she's complained that this doesn't get the clothes clean enough for the last few years! I take it I should go down the new route and not bother with repair? Can anybody recommend a decent machine that I can get very quickly that wouldn't break the bank please? Fairly heavy useage (approx 8 loads per week)

Advertisement