Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely Confused...

Options
  • 17-02-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Okay, so I'm very new at this..took a Clearblue digital test yesterday which came out at pregnant, 1-2 weeks - myself and my fiance are absolutely delighted! :)

My problem is that I had been on the pill until December 2016 and haven't actually had a period yet, so I have no idea when my last period was, or possible date of conception...if I am 1-2 weeks pregnant why does it say online on what to expect etc. that I'm not technically pregnant yet as I haven't ovulated?!

I'm super confused as to how I can be 1-2 weeks pregnant on the digital test and yet technically not be pregnant at all?

Someone please help, I'm so clueless! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

So 1-2 weeks pregnant means, that the conception of your baby was 1 - 2 weeks ago. So you are 4-5 weeks pregnant altogether.
    I also got the CB, was 1-2 weeks, went to the doctor and he confirmed it with one of these tests. Hope that could help you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

You need to go to your gp, who will refer you for an early pregnancy, to get accurate dates, but yes, those tests will tell you 1-2 weeks, but you'll actually be a few weeks extra along with that!
    Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

It is confusing, because while it was 1-2 weeks ago that you actually conceived the baby, when talking weeks pregnant of your 40 weeks they are counting from your last period before you were even pregnant.

And congrats by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your help, it makes more sense now :)

I have gone to the GP who was actually very unhelpful but I'm now booked in for an early scan in March.

Does anyone else feel too scared of things going wrong to really be happy at this point or is that just me?
    I feel very nauseous today but I'm actually delighted because I feel like that's a good thing?

Ladies this pregnancy thing is mad stuff altogether!

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your help, it makes more sense now :)

I have gone to the GP who was actually very unhelpful but I'm now booked in for an early scan in March.

Does anyone else feel too scared of things going wrong to really be happy at this point or is that just me?
    I feel very nauseous today but I'm actually delighted because I feel like that's a good thing?

Ladies this pregnancy thing is mad stuff altogether!

It's mad alright, it takes a bit of getting your head around, especially the first time! I was actually well beyond 12 weeks this time before I realised I was pregnant at all. I was mortified!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

jlm29 wrote: »
    It's mad alright, it takes a bit of getting your head around, especially the first time! I was actually well beyond 12 weeks this time before I realised I was pregnant at all. I was mortified!

Wow! What a shock that must have been!

Wow! What a shock that must have been!

Just a bit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Wow jlm29! That's insane, was it such a massive shock? :eek:

Can't help wishing I had found out a bit later - because I'm not very far along I'm constantly worried that my wee bub might not make it... :( Is that normal?

I can't discuss with any of my pregnant friends because myself and fiance have agreed not to tell anyone else until after the early scan in March! :rolleyes:

Wow jlm29! That's insane, was it such a massive shock? :eek:

Can't help wishing I had found out a bit later - because I'm not very far along I'm constantly worried that my wee bub might not make it... :( Is that normal?

I can't discuss with any of my pregnant friends because myself and fiance have agreed not to tell anyone else until after the early scan in March! :rolleyes:

It was a bit of a shock... not so much that I was pregnant, because it was planned, but just that I was quite so far along!! (Whilst I was "planning", I was actually pregnant already! I felt so stupid though, when I looked at that screen, and realised!

Advertisement