Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncompatibility of NCB between insurers.

Options
  • 17-02-2017 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭

My wife's policy with Aviva is due for renewal.

Aviva issued NCB statement saying she has 5+ years NCB which is 5th stage on their scale.

I looked for few quotes online, and some insurers (f.e Allianz or Liberty) allow discount of up to 9 years (meaning you get cheaper quote if you select 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 years instead of 5).

My wife had policy with aviva for 8 years without claims so she should be entitled to 8 years NCB with above insurers. But what proof does she need.
    Would NCB statements from last 4 years showing the same thing that she had 5+ years NCB suffice? (I means statement from Jan2017, Jan2016, Jan2015, Jan2014 all showing she has 5+ years NCB).

Also some insurers ask for claims which include windscreen claims.
    She had some windscreen claims, but has no details of them, as Aviva doesn't list them on NCB statement so she doesn't know the dates or amounts... What can be done about that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I've never had any windscreen/glass claims or breakdown callouts to worry about but your latest NCB plus an older one that combine to show 9 years claims free or whatever should work. I don't think there is any other option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm having the same problem and doubt I have the past NCD proof, must check this evening.

It's a complete balls that each insurance won't detail exactly how many years of NCB you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Just to update.
    Sending bunch of old NCB statement, which together proved more years than 5 listed on them worked well.
    New insurer accepted it.

Advertisement