Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Windows Task Scheduler

Options
  • 17-02-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭

I have a Dual shock 3 Nav controller and use it for wasd movements in games. The driver for it does not work 100% for windows as it is unsigned. Had to download a questionable ad ridden program just to get the driver. I have it working anyway but in order for Joy To Key to see it I have to run and close a program called Better DS3 for the driver to initialise. What I want to do is create a task that opens and closes the program at or delayed at start up.

Is there arguments I can enter into the task action window that will close the program after WTS opens it? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

I have a Dual shock 3 Nav controller and use it for wasd movements in games. The driver for it does not work 100% for windows as it is unsigned. Had to download a questionable ad ridden program just to get the driver. I have it working anyway but in order for Joy To Key to see it I have to run and close a program called Better DS3 for the driver to initialise. What I want to do is create a task that opens and closes the program at or delayed at start up.

Is there arguments I can enter into the task action window that will close the program after WTS opens it? Thanks in advance.

Yes

Get the task scheduler to run a batch file

The commands in the batch file will open, waits and then close program.

Have you used batch files before?

@ECHO off
    "C:\Program Files\Better DS3" -nc
    TIMEOUT /T 10
    Taskkill /IM "Better DS3" /F
    Exit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Yes

Get the task scheduler to run a batch file

The commands in the batch file will open, waits and then close program.

Have you used batch files before?

@ECHO off
    "C:\Program Files\Better DS3" -nc
    TIMEOUT /T 10
    Taskkill /IM "Better DS3" /F
    Exit

Kind of. Save notepad.bat?

Just looking up the commands.

@Echo off - don't display text on screen (.cmd window?)
    "program Location" -nc ?? What does that do?
    Timeout /T 10 - 10 seconds? probably would change that to /T 4 4 seconds if so.
    Taskkill /IM name on disk.
    /F force kill

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Kind of. Save notepad.bat?

Just looking up the commands.

@Echo off - don't display text on screen (.cmd window?)
    "program Location" -nc ?? What does that do?
    Timeout /T 10 - 10 seconds? probably would change that to /T 4 4 seconds if so.
    Taskkill /IM name on disk.
    /F force kill

Ya just open a textfile and save as foo.bat.
    and copy and paste code in

You can leave the -nc out in your app that's related my app, it does not matter either way.

Yes, 10 stands for 10 seconds. One might be enough.

The taskill imagename will be what it shows up as in task manger BetterDs3.exe or something,

This works in windows 10 just checked it there.

Advertisement