Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z-wave and the immersion!

Options
  • 16-02-2017 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Has anybody found a good switch that can replace the immersion switch and would work with Z-wave automation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1012

Have one, works a treat. Manual timer switch and temperature probe for cutout also

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

I'm expecting something like that from electric ireland FOC on their shut off and save scheme they advertised last year. Dead handy id say as the gas is being fired less and less.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

fergalom wrote: »
    http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1012

Have one, works a treat. Manual timer switch and temperature probe for cutout also

What app would you use with this product?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Looked at this and its rated for a standard 3KW immersion.

They recommend fusing it to 16amps.

It would be sensible to install a 13amp fused spur unit between the 20 amp MCB and the unit,

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

Has anyone used something like this with the Bath/Sink Immersion type setup ? i.e. allow control of the bath/sink selection as well as the on off of the immersion. Most Smart switches seem to only support a single circuit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

diarmaidol wrote:
    Has anyone used something like this with the Bath/Sink Immersion type setup ? i.e. allow control of the bath/sink selection as well as the on off of the immersion. Most Smart switches seem to only support a single circuit.

I haven't seen a unit that did both. You are looking at duplicating the mechanical interlock that the bath/sink switch achieves. This would possibly need a contactor to pull one in and drop one out. They are two sperate circuits

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭diggerdigger

diarmaidol wrote: »
    You could probably put this before a standard on/off bath/sink switch after the fused spur.  Otherwise you could put 2 relays in line, one for bath, and one for sink.  But you have the expense of 2 relays.

Advertisement