Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Fair RDS February 2017. No Central Bank stand.

Options
  • 16-02-2017 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Just a reminder. The Irish International Coin Fair will be held in the RDS in Dublin on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th February 2017. Opening hours are 11.00 am - 6.00 pm each day. Admission is €6.

The Central Bank will not be attending the fair. The 2017 Annual Mint Set (Irish Lighthouses and Irish Coast Guard) is still not available. As the Central Bank will not be attending the fair there will not be an annual coin fair set for 2017 available although this may be available at the fair in August.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Thanks, was about to ring them seeing I never got the usual email about the Coin fair sets. I wonder WTH they're at now, they're getting worse every year.

P.S. Happy belated birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Cheers Blade.

Yes, their heart really doesn't seem to be in it anymore. Last year they didn't have the coin set ready in time for February either. Then in October they just sold them bags with no packaging. They stopped posting out leaflets. Then they cancelled or delayed the Sir Charles Algernon Parsons coin. Now they're not even showing up to the biggest coin event of the Irish calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They are in the middle of moving from Dame street to North Wall Quay.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I presume that's a mistake in your first post, you mean October for the next fair rather than August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Blade wrote: »
    I presume that's a mistake in your first post, you mean October for the next fair rather than August.

Yep, sorry, I meant October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Publicity for the Fair is up to it's usual high standard. Are there going to be stamp dealers attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

did anyone go to the Coin Fair and care to give us a report, gave it a miss this time round but got an email that DNW were going to be there on the Sunday.

Advertisement