Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish kennel club and brexit

Options
  • 16-02-2017 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. Just wonder if anyone would have any theories/suggestions/ideas on what would happen in my situation in the future. I live in the north (in a border town) and currently have 2 bitches at the moment registered with ikc, and my current stud is english kc registered. Obviously any future litters i have will be ikc registered. My pups are sold north and south of the border and im wondering how the impending brexit will affect transporting/registering/selling my litters across the border in the future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Nobody knows yet what the implications are going to be for the pet passport scheme. However, as technically NI is part of the UK, you should already have been passporting and rabies vaccinating for movement between the two. I know nobody has been stopped or checked, and I doubt they will be, but that is the legal situation, especially as all dogs on the island now have to be microchipped, so there is a way of checking where they have come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Taking a guess but if the UK were to leave in the morning amicably the most likely options available are to treat it as an EEA country where current EU rules apply like for Norway or if EEA rules didn't apply the category of low risk qualifying non-EU countries would seem to be most relevant

some info below:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/moving_to_ireland/coming_to_live_in_ireland/bringing_pets_to_ireland.html

Advertisement