Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to rent a parking space in Blackrock or is there all Day Parking available

Options
  • 15-02-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hey Everyone,
    I have just started to work in Blackrock and I am looking for available all day parking? At the moment I have to park on the road and have to trek in and out of the office every few hours to put a ticket on,
    so does anybody know of any all day parking or have a space I could rent of them?
    Also why is the parking so limited in blackrock?

all suggestions welcome

Thanks,
    Fox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Fox Hound wrote: »

Most of the areas around Blackrock do not permit all day parking because of the proximity of the Dart station - the whole village would simply become a big park and ride car park and there wouldn't be room for visitors so local businesses would suffer.

There is a small car park opposite the Dart station which caters for commuters, it fills up every morning and I'm not sure what time you'd need to be there but you could check it out. There's also a car park beside Zurich on the corner of Carysfort Ave. and the bypass, I'd check this out as it may cater for all-day parking but I'm not sure.

Have you asked your new colleagues for guidance?

To save you having to run out and buy new tickets, have you considered signing up for www.parkingtag.ie ? Some of the DLR parking zones (Dx) have an all day tariff but there's no definitive map of the area showing where you can find these zones. The codes are listed on the Parking Tag website .....

https://www.parkingtag.ie/locations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

coylemj wrote: »

Most of the areas around Blackrock do not permit all day parking because of the proximity of the Dart station - the whole village would simply become a big park and ride car park and there wouldn't be room for visitors so local businesses would suffer.

There is a small car park opposite the Dart station which caters for commuters, it fills up every morning and I'm not sure what time you'd need to be there but you could check it out. There's also a car park beside Zurich on the corner of Carysfort Ave. and the bypass, I'd check this out as it may cater for all-day parking but I'm not sure.  

Have you asked your new colleagues for guidance?

To save you having to run out and buy new tickets, have you considered signing up for www.parkingtag.ie ? Some of the DLR parking zones (Dx) have an all day tariff but there's no definitive map of the area showing where you can find these zones. The codes are listed on the Parking Tag website .....

https://www.parkingtag.ie/locations.html
    Do you Know if anyone would be looking to rent a space privately?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Is public transport not an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

Do you Know if anyone would be looking to rent a space privately?

None in blackrock...but you might see an alternative location on these:

http://www.daft.ie/dublin-city/parking-spaces/?s%5Blimit%5D=20&s%5Boffset%5D=80&offset=100

http://www.rent.ie/parking-spaces/renting_dublin/south-co-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Is public transport not an option?

It really depends where you're coming from to Blackrock. Anywhere near a Dart station and you're sorted. However if you're somewhere like Rathfarnham/Dundrum or further west towards Tallaght etc. west-east public transport links across South Dublin (North Dublin too come to that) are dire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Would parking at booterstown station and then getting the dart one stop to Blackrock be an option if you were really stuck?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Find a free parking space within a 15 min walk of Blackrock and you are sorted. You need to walk around the area to find one, but they do exist. When you select your place, do not park outside the same house every day - most people get upset if you do.

The fifteen minute walk in the morning and evening will be good for your health and wealth.

Thanks everyone, Great advice, really coming in handy!!

If anyone out there is willing to rent me a parking space, just PM me and I would love to sort something out,

Unfortunately public transport is not an option and I have to drive,

anybody with info on this please don't hesitate to give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

• Advertisement

drake70 wrote: »

sweet will have a look,

thanks

Just sending another message into this thread to see if there is anybody that might have something, I have tried all the links and suggestions given to me on this thread and still nothing,
    hopefully maybe something has come up since last time I was on here,

Thanks,

The car park on the Blackrock bypass at the corner beside Zurich is run by the council, the charge code is 'DA' which means there is an option for all-day parking for €6. There's also plenty of free parking on Carysfort Ave. (Smurfit school side), Avoca Ave. and Green Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adini

I'm going to be in the same boat in a few weeks time, am thinking of parking on Carysfort Ave and walking from there. Any other recommendations around there where you can park for free? (Does Carysfort Ave tend to be particularly busy for parking, or are you generally ok to get a space?)

There are some free parking spaces in Blackrock but my guess is that they all fill up early in the morning by people who work in the area - there may be a bit of 'park & ride' going on though none of the free parking is close to the Dart for obvious reasons.

I'm sure those of us who chipped in earlier would appreciate if the OP told us why none of our suggestions worked out - I suspect that he's arriving too late in the morning for any of the free parking in which case there won't be any solution that anyone can offer. If free parking was available all day, the council wouldn't be charging the rest of us to park for an hour or so while shopping or grabbing a coffee in the village.

Advertisement