Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centralised Mutli-Room TV & Cables

Options
  • 15-02-2017 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello,

I have just moved into a house and have pulled down all the walls (plasterboard). I am trying to future proof the cabling in the walls as much as possible.

So I am feeding in HDMI, Coax and power to all the TV locations. Speaker cables into the ceiling for speakers (when I have the money)

I am also running CAT6 to all the rooms and TV locations.

My question is though and it would be ideal if we could have multi-room TV but only have 1 box, Sky, Virgin, or 3rd Party that sits in a central location and have multi-room viewing around the house. I would like to keep the walls clean and not have to have a sky, virgin etc box in every room.

Any also any other cables that would be worth putting into the walls while the walls are off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

You need a HDAnywhere mHub comes in 4x4 or 8x8 and in 2k & 4k systems

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ozanam

Hi MHI,

that looks like a good solution to the problem and will be able to feed of the existing CAT6.

I am guessing though that two people in two different rooms cannot watch two different things. I would need two sky boxes plugged into that device to be able to view different channels.

Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

Exactly you would require 2 sky boxes to watch 2 different programs on sky.

I find people may use the following

Sources: Sky TV, Freeview Box, Apple TV & Bluray Player

You can then access all of the above on any TV ;)

Advertisement