Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any MapMyRun/MapMyFitness users having issues on Android?

Options
  • 15-02-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi, first time posting so apologies if this doesn't belong here.

I've been using MapMyFitness on Android for about 8 months and found it to be a great app, but in the last month it has been giving inaccurate readings for running times and GPS co-ordinates. Thought it might be my phone so I tried out Strava and it seems to work fine. I would change my subscription over only I prefer the UI for MMF and the new training plans. I have tried contacting their support but they just fob me off with links to their FAQ's. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

conti wrote: »
    Hi, first time posting so apologies if this doesn't belong here.

I've been using MapMyFitness on Android for about 8 months and found it to be a great app, but in the last month it has been giving inaccurate readings for running times and GPS co-ordinates. Thought it might be my phone so I tried out Strava and it seems to work fine. I would change my subscription over only I prefer the UI for MMF and the new training plans. I have tried contacting their support but they just fob me off with links to their FAQ's. Anyone else experiencing this?

I use MMR the whole time, having no problems at all with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Did some more searching online and found that Android Nougat (7.0) devices have a bug that has shown up since New Year's eve, pretty interesting actually, reminds me of Y2K.
    UTC time offset management adjusts time differences between GPS and UTC time. Due to this error, the GPS feature using the Glonass satellite has a several hundred meter difference between the actual location and the displayed GPS location. It is caused by a leap second, which will insert one second on December 31, 2016, at 23:59:60 UTC.

Apparently updating to 7.1.1 fixes it in my case (Nexus 5x), Samsung have their own patch for their devices. I've tried the update and I'll test it on my walk home from work.

Advertisement