Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying US shares

Options
  • 14-02-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I've an account with TD,
    can someone point out what the implications are when buying US stocks if any.
    Tax, charges etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

€20 per transaction (buy or sell) as opposed to Degiro which is 58 cents or something.. bit of a no brainer really. I used to be a TD customer but I switched probably 2 years ago now. Plus I think TD fleece you a little with the margin they'll charge to convert your EUR to USD in order to say buy a share. Degiro have very reasonable FX.

Pay attention to the market FX rates in general because if you decide to invest heavily in US stock and the EUR strengthens, it will negate the gains you made on price appreciation of the stock.

Advertisement