Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do I always seem to be more depressed during the day time?

Options
  • 14-02-2017 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I'm not too bad in the morning and evening but during the day it's awful, and particularly at three o' clock. Once it starts to get dark I feel better again.
    I'm on medication and working with my doctor etc. etc. but I would like to hear from others that might have the same thing happening to them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My "take" on this is that we all have a daily pattern of energy?

With me I used to get a dip around 2 pm, then pick up later.

Knowing this made it easy to accept, which is surely the key to many things?

Now I wake very early, and fade out mid to late afternoon, so adapt to and respect that pattern.

NB I am not depressed or on medication; I have M.E and am old. But i used to see tiredness as being depression. The two are alike in many ways?

If that is your pattern?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boomed

euser1984 wrote: »
    I'm not too bad in the morning and evening but during the day it's awful, and particularly at three o' clock. Once it starts to get dark I feel better again.
    I'm on medication and working with my doctor etc. etc. but I would like to hear from others that might have the same thing happening to them.

Thanks.
    Seems u might be suffering some kind of anxiety issues . maybe social anxiety

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Think different people have different experiences, i feel crap around three/four in the day if i haven't done anything (eat, shower or plan something like laundry even) and don't have anything planned or to look forward to in the evening. As soon as it gets dark it's approaching either bed or work time which tends to reassure me..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Think different people have different experiences, i feel crap around three/four in the day if i haven't done anything (eat, shower or plan something like laundry even) and don't have anything planned or to look forward to in the evening. As soon as it gets dark it's approaching either bed or work time which tends to reassure me..

Wise words. I think truly we psychologise things far too much and do we really expect to be on "full" every minute of every day?

And why I wonder do we see a need to explain our ups and downs? Read something years ago re body rhythms?

Also if you are on meds, that will have a pattern of side effects etc.

I fill very available time in my very limited day!

Advertisement