Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claims , Possibilities , Suppositions and proof .

Options
  • 14-02-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭

When you make a hypothesis or claim you show proof .

What is the position when you make a supposition, or use the term 'most likely ' or ' possible ' based on the limited information available ?
    Do you have to show proof to a poster who disagrees ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can I ask for a little more detail please? Do you have a question regarding a particular forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

dudara wrote: »
    Can I ask for a little more detail please? Do you have a question regarding a particular forum?

Child refugees -majority to be males aged 17??? Posts #916 -919 and earlier with poster called Alastair .
    The posts were taken up with a mod called johnnyskeleton who said I post unfoundless claims and refused to elaborate .

Please start by contacting the Politics mods to discuss why posts were deleted. Each forum has its rules and they are best positioned to explain what happened.

UPDATE: I see that you've edited your post since I replied. Are you contesting the yellow cards handed out in that thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

dudara wrote: »
    Please start by contacting the Politics mods to discuss why posts were deleted. Each forum has its rules and they are best positioned to explain what happened.

UPDATE: I see that you've edited your post since I replied. Are you contesting the yellow cards handed out in that thread?

The ban was a week and not sure if its lifted . I think more of a guideline on posting something that is only a possibility and not a claim to fact .

You already have a dispute open in Dispute Resolution to address the ban, so I think it's best to leave that there. I think that needs to be resolved first before answering you here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement