Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE2 accidental transmission from 1988

Options
  • 14-02-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

This is from i think studio3 (the old news/pres) back in 1988 which went out instead of the testcard, so somebody in master control prob knocked a switch?

it was caught by fluke as i was off work.
    I know who the director is and she was made aware alright what happened, but its never been seen by her or the woman sitting in front of the camera. Ive realised now she is a regular presenter on RTE. This looks like her first in camera test.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmyvVD1wEXk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭cml387

I thought in vision presentation was gone by 1988, even on RTE2.Just shows how the memory plays tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Hi,

no if you listen to the audio it appears shes was a teacher at the time and was presenting something as part of a program or introducing something that followed, its not for bog standard continuity announcements.
    Anyway glad it amuses. Rare this would happen as is...

Advertisement