Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between an all sections excess and a normal excess policy?

Options
  • 13-02-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I have recently taken out a car insurance policy that has an all sections excess clause included, Not many people seem to know what this is exactly or have never heard of it and i am trying to get my head around it how it is different to a normal excess , I.E what does the all sections mean ?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dazza123

OSI wrote: »
    Normal excess - only applies to claims made by yourself for you own loss, ie theft, fire, crash damage to own vehicle etc.

All sections excess - applies to any and all claims against your policy. So if you cause an accident and a third party claims, you'll be liable for costs up to excess value.

Okay i see, so basically it means you don't have 3rd party cover? My excess is 3000 (expensive range rover no no claims bonus due to living in Australia the past 6 years) So, in the event of an accident that was my fault, i would have to pay 3000 or say the bill for damage was 2k i would only have to cough up 2k?

This may be a stupid question, but obviously if i am not the one at fault, i will be going through their insurance policy and mine shall not come in to it ?

Appreciate your comments,

Thanks
    Darren

Advertisement