Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus options from Kilmacanogue to UCD

Options
  • 13-02-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Just looking for some experience/advice on getting a bus from Kilmacanogue Esso garage to UCD.

The 145 used to service Kilmacanogue to Heuston but seems to have had a route change only to Ballywaltrim/Boghall road.

I see two options
    133 - I can get this to UCD, but have some questions. I see they accept LeapCard, is this safe enough in terms of the bus being "full" or should I be Ok to get a seat. Does it cost any different to the standard online price? Do they accept child leap cards?

45a/145 - Looks like the cheaper option but not sure how much longer it will take.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/145-/

there's one 145 in the morning that departs from Kilmac (@ 0735), and several in the evening that go from UCD to Kilmac

I believe the 133 can be very busy in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kyleboy

What time do you need to be at ucd for? 145 can take anything between 50 minutes and 1 hour 20 minutes to get to ucd depending on how bad the traffic is in bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Need to be at UCD by about 7.45.

The 133 timetable (http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1439547719-133.pdf) is missing a lot of detail. I can book tickets to UCD but the timetable doesn't even mention UCD. The only doubt I have about the 133 is standing down at the stop and it goes past due to being at capacity, and I'm left standing there with the slow option of the 45a/145.

Ranjo wrote: »
    Need to be at UCD by about 7.45.

The 133 timetable (http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1439547719-133.pdf) is missing a lot of detail. I can book tickets to UCD but the timetable doesn't even mention UCD. The only doubt I have about the 133 is standing down at the stop and it goes past due to being at capacity, and I'm left standing there with the slow option of the 45a/145.

If you go for the 145 option, the 6.50 should get you there around 7.45.

Kyleboy wrote: »
    If you go for the 145 option, the 6.50 should get you there around 7.45.

Assuming you're referring to the 145 from Ballywaltrim? so I'd need a 45a to get there from Kilmac. Another 10 mins odd to add.

I've booked for the 133 anyroad.. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Ranjo wrote: »
    Assuming you're referring to the 145 from Ballywaltrim? so I'd need a 45a to get there from Kilmac. Another 10 mins odd to add.

I've booked for the 133 anyroad.. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, probably your best bet.

Update: Got the 133 from kilmac, I missed the UCD stop & got off at RTE, didn't really add much time though thankfully.

I almost envy the people getting on earlier as the bus is dark, warm, quiet and cozy. Zoomed up the N11 in about 25 min. It was only half full so hopefully shouldn't need to worry about pre-booking tickets, can just use the leapcard as I get on. I'll only be getting it sporadically so getting a weekly/monthly ticket isn't worth it.

Advertisement