Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Benefit

Options
  • 13-02-2017 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking for how to extend child benefits when in third level education. How do I extend the payment until the age of 22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Child Benefit ends on your 18th birthday whether you are in full time education or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

gypsylee wrote: »
    Child Benefit ends on your 18th birthday whether you are in full time education or not.

No, incorrect. Your parents can claim it while you are in Third Level education, I'm not sure if its based on age or the fact you are in Uni. Furthermore, I'm not sure if its applicable to all e.g. means tested, but it is possible.

Contact the Student Desk OP, they'll guide you on what you need. There is an annual form to be stamped by them, I know that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/273_Child-Benefit.aspx

Or citizens information will help

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Child Benefit definitely ceases to be paid during the month before your 18th birthday. I know this is correct cos I have two children older than this. It does not matter if you are in education or not!! The link posted above confirms this!!

If there is a benefit payable to Uni students it is definitely not called Child Benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Used to be paid up to a childs 22nd birthday if that child remained in full time education, but this was changed in the budget a good few years ago now. Stops on the childs 18th birthday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement