Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cisco CCNA

Options
  • 13-02-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hey folks..

I am currently in the process of studying for my ICND1 exam.
    I've got a couple if switches to play with, the issue is that I cannot get an old Cisco router anywhere..

I've been scanning adverts and donedeal and can't find anything for less than a few hundred euros. I'm sure there got to be loads of old routers well past their useful production days sitting on a shelf somewhere.
    I've put bids on routers only to have a sale fall through and the seller become uncontactable.

I'm willing to collect practically anywhere in the south part of the country and spend any reasonable amount ..

Any help greatly appreciated.

Liam.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hahaha...just remembered my old good times.
    When a CCNA was worth the time !
    Paid thousands on the equipment,never recovered anything back !
    Still gathering dust ...

Have a look HERE .
    What do you need ?

MDJjM2U0YTczMTJmNTcwMTQyYWNiMzAyYWUwOTBkNjmS1ZTHEFMz9ZtqQsYYovebaHR0cDovL2Itc3RhdGljLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOC9sYXJnZS8ycXBzaXh0OWU0cnBmZmViNGZjNzU0MTY2MzM2YzNjMjJkYzQzNDdlYWJlOS5KUEd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

does it have to be a physical router? in college we are using them sometimes but mostly it is done using packet tracer. This allows you to set up virtual routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Roonbox wrote: »
    Hey folks..

I am currently in the process of studying for my ICND1 exam.
    I've got a couple if switches to play with, the issue is that I cannot get an old Cisco router anywhere..

I've been scanning adverts and donedeal and can't find anything for less than a few hundred euros. I'm sure there got to be loads of old routers well past their useful production days sitting on a shelf somewhere.
    I've put bids on routers only to have a sale fall through and the seller become uncontactable.

I'm willing to collect practically anywhere in the south part of the country and spend any reasonable amount ..

Any help greatly appreciated.

Liam.

have you looked into UNETLAB, little tricky to setup but i believe you can connect it to real hardware.

You will also need the IOS obviously but its a nice interface and integrates with Putty for SSH. I have two Nexus 7K Titanium Images running for a Lab for the CCNA DC studies. Very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2 misterbrophy

Hi Liam how did icnd1 exam go for you any tips?

Advertisement