Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed getting swivel car for my car

Options
  • 13-02-2017 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hope someone in the know can help on this, my son who has a medical condition an has difficulty getting in an out of my car, I need to get the front seat adjusted for him to get in an out more comfortably. Financially I'm not in a position to be able to afford this. He uses a wheelchair p/t, I'm in the process of applying for a primary medical cert, can anyone help with this, any information appreciated. **Swivel car seat in replacement of front seat**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Swivel seat in case anyone wondered

swivelseat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try notability Motability Ireland (Ashbourne) They're not cheap but they're good. You may be able to claim back the residual VRT on the value of your car, get free tolls and free road tax, which should offset the cost of the conversion.

Citizens info has a very informative section on their website about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Contact your local approved vehicle adaptation firm ....... the approved fitters are listed by the NSAI

https://www.nsai.ie/Our-Services-(1)/Docs/Automotive/Disabled-Drivers/17-02-10-Vehicle-Adaptors.aspx

Local adverts might have a suitable used seat available ...... but be aware that seat mountings are car specific (model & year).

sjb25 wrote: »

I don't see the "wilkergroup" on the approved list of adaptation firms.

Also they seem to do large vehicle conversions rather than cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭sjb25

I don't see the "wilkergroup" on the approved list of adaptation firms.

Also they seem to do large vehicle conversions rather than cars.

I didn't look at the list I only gave 2 companies I know who do auto conversation for my workplace willer being the most used sure if the are no good for you check out parfit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

Theres a Mondeo estate for sale on DoneDeal with one already fitted. Worth a look possibly. Can't add link.

I didn't look at the list I only gave 2 companies I know who do auto conversation for my workplace willer being the most used sure if the are no good for you check out parfit

The list is a list of officially approved firms.
    The customer should use one from the list in order to qualify for the various rebates etc for disabled drivers and passengers.

The list is a list of officially approved firms.
    The customer should use one from the list in order to qualify for the various rebates etc for disabled drivers and passengers.

Grand il delete my post sorry parfit are on your list anyway they are good also patron svs they do all the servicing of the Wilker gear we have so mayb something to do with wilker

Grand il delete my post sorry parfit are on your list anyway they are good also patron svs they do all the servicing of the Wilker gear we have so mayb something to do with wilker

No need to delete anything ....... I am only pointing out that there is an official list of approved fitters for the disabled drivers & passengers scheme, and those who wish to avail of that scheme should use one of the approved fitters.

No need to delete anything ....... I am only pointing out that there is an official list of approved fitters for the disabled drivers & passengers scheme, and those who wish to avail of that scheme should use one of the approved fitters.

O yeah I no just don't want to be confusing anybody as you have said it would be in the OPs interest to use a approved fitter

• Advertisement
Advertisement