Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference between a Hdip and a postgraduate diploma

Options
  • 13-02-2017 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Ive been looking up teaching diplomas to apply too and ive come across Higher diplomas and Professional diplomas, I can do the Hdip in Maynooth it's full time with classes two days a week and it costs about 5,000 or I can do the Professional diploma in Marino Institute were the diploma is accredited by Trinity college, it costs about 3,000 for the year, its full time with two class days per week and they refund the fees to teachers at the end of the year so financially it would be perfect for me as money has played a big factor in my choice of postgrad courses.
    Both diplomas appear to be valid to teach adult education, Fetac, youthreach, PLC ect..

So whats the difference? is one more reputable than the other? Will they both lead to the same qualification and job perspectives?

I can get the back to education for a Hdip, could I get it for the professional diploma too?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Depends which ones the Teaching Council recognise.
    Best check with them first as I know of people who have gone off and spent a lot of time, money and effort getting further qualifications only to be told at the end that the Council either don't recognise it, or it isnt sufficient for their criteria.

Advertisement