Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable Gaming PC build

Options
  • 12-02-2017 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking to build a portable gaming PC. I've put together 2 builds, a mITX and mATX. Just wondering, which should I go for? Will be mainly playing games such as BF1, Overwatch, H1Z1 etc.

mATX: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/HB6TNN
    mITX: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/XDnZr7 (missing motherboard, need suggestions)

Also, any further suggestions on the two builds are welcomed. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd wait for AMD Zen tbh (March release)

Especially for Battlefield 1, the Pentium's 2core/4thread design might be bested by a true 4-core CPU.

===
    Also, I had a Core V21 case; didn't like it at all - PSU installation was fiddly, and the thing is too damn wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'd wait for AMD Zen tbh (March release)

Especially for Battlefield 1, the Pentium's 2core/4thread design might be bested by a true 4-core CPU.

===
    Also, I had a Core V21 case; didn't like it at all - PSU installation was fiddly, and the thing is too damn wide.

I probably won't have the money til then anyways :P will wait for those to release. Any other recommended mATX cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I probably won't have the money til then anyways :P will wait for those to release. Any other recommended mATX cases?

If you are going for something portable you would be better off with itx, the difference in the size of the cases with Marx can be quite substantial.

I remember somebody here had a similar requirement at some stage and ended up building in a lian Li PC-TU200 which is light as it is made out of aluminum and has a convenient handle!

You might be able to find the thread by searching the case model number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Silverstone Sugo Lite is tiny as well, very portable...suppose it depends on how portable you need, as in will it be carried around a few times a week, or once a month, every six months etc....

The Silverstone Sugo Lite is tiny as well, very portable...suppose it depends on how portable you need, as in will it be carried around a few times a week, or once a month, every six months etc....

Once or twice a week I reckon. Maybe more for LAN parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Silverstone Raven or Milo series are really small (12-15l volume), mini-ITX motherboard/SFX PSU only though.

Ah, I was looking for mATX as the B250 motherboard only comes in mATX (I think). Any suggestions on a mITX motherboard that's compatible with the parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Ah, I was looking for mATX as the B250 motherboard only comes in mATX (I think). Any suggestions on a mITX motherboard that's compatible with the parts?

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/ASRock-H110M-ITX-Intel-H110-So-1151-Dual-Channel-DDR4-Mini-ITX-Retail_1021831.html

Advertisement