Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have pregnancy related indigestion?

Options
  • 12-02-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm currently 8 wks 3. I have unfortunately discovered indigestion. I feel permanently bloated and full and off my food. Just feeling sooo uncomfortable! I have never really had indigestion before so it's all new and didn't have it at all on last pg. When it comes to eating, I don't really feel like anything. Nothing appeals. And I have a huge appetite normally. Is this common? I've started on gaviscon, which is really vile. Can you take too much of it? I'm taking it 3-5 times a day. Am miserable. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

I had something like that around 8 weeks too. I didn't have any nausea but every meal just sat in my tummy for ages like a big lump of cement. I didn't enjoy eating at all but it didn't last too long, it was gone by week 12. I didn't take anything for it. I just tried to eat light. I didn't start on the Gaviscon until later on when the heartburn hit. I hope it passes for you soon.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had that when I was pregnant, and found it (and the constipation) passed after the first trimester. Then the heartburn started :pac:

For what you're experiencing now, I found the best thing I could do was keep well hydrated and drink lots of water, helped keep everything moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Congrats 73trix! :D I had something similar, I didn't realise I was pregnant for a few months and I had started slimming world and I put it down to that. I just felt like I had eaten a kilo of mash and it was sat in my stomach making me feel bloated and icky. No appetite at all. I was ready to chuck in the diet when I twigged I was pregnant :D It didn't go away for me until around 16 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Congrats 73trix! Glad to see another Sept 2014 mama on the thread. Yep, unfortunately it lasted for me till about 15-16 weeks. Just eat small and often, didn't find anything else helped, still felt like a ball of food in my stomach but if I had a normal full dinner I felt like I couldn't move for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Congrats 73trix! Glad to see another Sept 2014 mama on the thread. Yep, unfortunately it lasted for me till about 15-16 weeks. Just eat small and often, didn't find anything else helped, still felt like a ball of food in my stomach but if I had a normal full dinner I felt like I couldn't move for the night.

Congrats to you too COGH ! How many weeks are you? Wow, hope it doesn't last that long. I have actually lost a few pounds this past fortnight. My OH freaks out over it but I went to gp a few days ago and she said it's normal. I guess you have to wonder about those with bad MS who are constantly getting sick. Seems that can't be good for baby but baby seems to be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

20 weeks now, it's amazing how time flies! I am the same but putting it all back now. My skin was bad last time but crazy bad this time to the point I was waking up in pain but saw a dermatologist last week and I got a couple prescriptions and already seeing a little improvement.

The things we go through for our babies lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

My wife is pregnant and I have indigestion...

Advertisement