Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen light won't turn on if recently turned off?

Options
  • 12-02-2017 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Our kitchen light sometimes won't come on if it has been recently turned off.

Sometimes works fine but with a short delay when turning it on, has an IKEA LED bulb in to match the light shade, can't imagine that is the issue? Switch is grand from what I can tell.

All other lights and electricals in the house are fine, just this one light.

Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,391 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you tried a different bulb? Have you tried this bulb in a different room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

davelafaro wrote: »
    Our kitchen light sometimes won't come on if it has been recently turned off.

Sometimes works fine but with a short delay when turning it on, has an IKEA LED bulb in to match the light shade, can't imagine that is the issue? Switch is grand from what I can tell.

All other lights and electricals in the house are fine, just this one light.

Any ideas?

It could be a lamp holder or loose connection i'm told on good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

By any chance have you got an LED Dimmer on the circuit? These LED dimmers are not very realiable when wired in 2 way, it seems they go into configuration mode.

All I can suggest is replacing one of the lights with a 50w halogen if it is a GU10 fitting and I bet you it won't happen then.
    It's usually due to the dimmer not getting enough load across it and they are just a bit fiddly.

If you don't have a dimmer then perhaps there is a loose wire somewhere.

Advertisement