Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

streaming from laptop to tv

Options
  • 11-02-2017 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

ok setup is

55" Samsung ks8000

dell laptop running windows 7

I can select video files on my laptop and stream them to my tv great

but streaming sites are blocked on the Samsung tv , but is there anyway I can use my laptop as the middle man to stream the stream site to my tv ?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

How exactly are the videos being transferred to the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

mordeith wrote: »
    How exactly are the videos being transferred to the TV?

I have avi and mp4 on laptop and using samsungs smart view laptop application , open that select file and it streams to tv

But for ufc 208 tonight i can watch it on my ipad or laptop but prefer to stream it to the tv

Would that be possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I have avi and mp4 on laptop and using samsungs smart view laptop application , open that select file and it streams to tv

But for ufc 208 tonight i can watch it on my ipad or laptop but prefer to stream it to the tv

Would that be possible ?

Not familiar with the app but but could you not just hook the laptop up to the TV directly? (unless it hasn't hdmi)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

mordeith wrote: »
    Not familiar with the app but but could you not just hook the laptop up to the TV directly? (unless it hasn't hdmi)

I could but seeing as they are all on the same wifi , was hoping for something neater

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you have it connected via HDMI cable it should show exactly what is on the laptop on the tv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement