Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions regarding UK/EU/ROI relations..

Options
  • 11-02-2017 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Just watching a clip on Youtube there, few questions really;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jzJEz_aGi8

How frustrating is it for members to lose a car heading to the UK?

Does it happen often?

Does it ever happen or how regularly does it happen that the opposite is happening and a car is fleeing from the UK to the ROI?

What happens if you arrest someone in the ROI but committed no offence only that they didn't stop for police in the UK?

How more complicated will this get with the exit of the UK from the EU?

What sort of impact on relations do you expect with the UK leaving the EU with regards Policing and the likes of the EU arrest warrant and EUROPOL?

In general. How do members view the UK leaving the EU? Surely this will be a worry in terms of intelligence and protocols already in place. Which from what it seems, that the EU do not want to know how close our relations are with the UK.

An entirely off the cuff remark, I don't think the EU really know how close our relationship is with the UK, I get the feeling they think its one of distance when it's the entirely the opposite, it's one of closeness and a good relationship, we share nearly everything the same with the UK, right down to tea, sports and television at a basic level. But mainly we would be on par with the UK on terms of living and needs.

Be interesting to see how members feel about this and I know I limited my post to AGS, but any ES are more than welcome to chime in on the topic.

Advertisement