Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pelvic Girdle Pain - help

Options
  • 11-02-2017 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone who has been through PGP can give advice.
    I had this on pregnancy number 2 towards the end so know what its about.
    This time around it is here waaay earlier so I am on the waiting list for physio and have booked a privat session for this coming thursday.
    However this morning it has gotten so bad that I cannot put weight on my legs!! I am using the walls to get me around the house.
    Is there anything I can do? Is it worth calling my doctor on Monday? I can't just rest - have 2 kids to look after. So any practical advice would be great x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Hi all,

This time around it is here waaay earlier so I am on the waiting list for physio and have booked a privat session for this coming thursday.
    However this morning it has gotten so bad that I cannot put weight on my legs!! I am using the walls to get me around the house.
    Is there anything I can do? Is it worth calling my doctor on Monday? I can't just rest - have 2 kids to look after. So any practical advice would be great x

For immediate relief, ice the area and get a yoga ball to straighten your posture. My physio recommended wetting sanitary pads and freezing them - just don't put them onto the skin directly!

Kegals (lots and lots of them!) will strengthen the muscles around the area and will help in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had it brutal on both pregnancies but it was a different story on my second as I had my first to look after too.

As previously suggested put an ice pack on your crotch (or as close to where the intense pain as you can manage).
    The only thing that helped me really was crutches, this enabled me to take the weight off, pain in the neck with a toddler to chase but the alternative was being bed bound.
    You have my full sympathies!! It's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

I got crutches today and they are making a huge difference, at least I am getting around now without making it worse. Must invest in the yoga ball again, found it great for even sitting on in late pregnancy! Thanks for the advice guys

Advertisement