Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus rambler tickets and checking validity

Options
  • 10-02-2017 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,561 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know if you can check how many days and the validity of the above on the ticket reader machine on any dublin bus rather then have to go into the head office on O'Connell Street?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

billyhead wrote: »
    Would anyone know if you can check how many days and the validity of the above on the ticket reader machine on any dublin bus rather then have to go into the head office on O'Connell Street?
    I believe the wayfarer ticket machines as present on all of Dublin Bus' fleet would allow this, but most drivers wouldn't be sure on how to do it and might say no rather than dig around on those limited machines.

One of the drivers who are active on the forum might be able to confirm that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I believe the wayfarer ticket machines as present on all of Dublin Bus' fleet would allow this, but most drivers wouldn't be sure on how to do it and might say no rather than dig around on those limited machines.

One of the drivers who are active on the forum might be able to confirm that though.

Should be no issue with checking the validity/balance,but it has to be done on the Drivers TIM.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Should be no issue with checking the validity/balance,but it has to be done on the Drivers TIM.
    The only TIM is the driver's one right? I didn't think the standalone box mounted near the door counted as a separate TIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

There's no need for the driver to go digging around the machine.
    Just ask would they mind giving you a printout of your transactions and this should have all the relevant information on it.
    You just have to place the card on the drivers machine and they have to press the button with the big arrow on it. (Simples)

Ah, much easier than I remembered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Think the Leap Card app will show you also

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The card holds up to 5 products the print out will give last 5 transactions.

You can ask driver which is correct.

If they aren't sure this is the process.

Screen shows use product
    Annul transaction down bottom.

Select use product and top right and lower right button will have N or P beside them N meaning next and p is previous.

It will show all rambler products even expired.

If it has cash credit on it diver needs to press c( cancel button)

Then go through process above.

Also if you place card at machine at door while boarding it gives you days left on product you are using so example 5 day will show 4 after 1st use.

Advertisement