Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Hamster

Options
  • 10-02-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I'm looking to buy a hamster in Waterford. I bought two hamsters (bough separately in a space of 3 months between each purchase) from a pet store and both had serious respiratory problems. Could anyone recommend a breeder/seller or a pet shop that has HEALTHY hamsters?

I have many years of experience with hamsters, most of which lived to be over 4 years old so I know it's not my fault that the hamsters I got were sick. I've had 14 of them in total over the past 12 years, so I know what I'm doing and how to provide the best life possible for them.

I currently have a Syrian but I'd love to get two dwarfs as well. I have two spare cages and all the supplies necessary to be able to house two more bundles of joy.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I havent seen a healthy hamster in a pet shop in a while, nearly every one I've seen has breathing problems, or wet tail, or just dull eyed.

There's a specific small chain of pet shops that I probably can't mention, I know in one store one of the staff members breeds the hamsters, but in the stores I've been in they've always been up, front and centre, and trying to escape or interact with you through the glass. My advice would be try the smaller pet shops rather than the bigger pile em high sell em cheap ones.

Advertisement